Past Monday we Carlos J. Vives and me gave a talk about Creative Commons and open content in a local education center:
The talk is part of the ccALM Almería Creative Commons Festival.
The only goal of this entry is to collect some links to registration services for IP useful for any digital creator in Internet, particularly for open culture works. As far I remember:
- Free Copyright Registration Online: https://www.freecopyrightregistration.com/
- Safe Creative: https://www.safecreative.org/
- The Internet Archive Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/
- Archive Today: http://archive.today/
- CreativeCommons wiki is supposed to host a list of registries but for some reason it’s empty: https://wiki.creativecommons.org/wiki/Content_Registries
Limited to Spain there is two public managed services:
- Registro de propiedad intelectual, managed by the culture responsabilities ministry (it usually changes with government changes)
- And the Depósito legal, managed by the Biblioteca Nacional de España as far as I know.
Some of this services are thought to be used as a legal resource in case of litigation. Others are just an historical record for websites. If you want to use any of it study carefully their features and advantages of your interest.